These Bacon and Goat Cheese Pops are easy finger foods that make great appetizers for your holiday parties.
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (not whipped!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 20 baked apple chips (you will need to use 2 apples)
- Pat each piece of cooked bacon with paper towel to remove any grease. Finely chop the bacon and place in a small bowl. Add the thyme, parsley and fresh cracked pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the goat cheese, cream cheese and honey. Using a fork or wooden spoon mix until well combined.
- Roll goat cheese mixture into thumb sized balls. Roll each of these balls in the bacon mixture. Set aside on a baking sheet. Store balls, covered with a piece of saran wrap, in your fridge until ready to serve.
- Place 1 goat cheese ball on top of each baked apple chip. Insert a lollipop stick into the top of each goat cheese ball.