This baby kale salad is massaged until the kale is super tender then topped with pomegranate seeds and sweet and spicy pecans. You will love it!
FOR THE SPICY CANDIED PECANS:
- 1 cup pecans
- 2–4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used 4 for the pecans in the pictures)
- A pinch of sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and cayenne powder
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon butter (or butter substitute, for vegan)
FOR THE SALAD DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 cups baby kale, packed
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Black pepper, to serve
- Toast the pecans in a frying pan over medium heat until fragrant and light brown, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn them. Add the maple syrup, salt, pepper, and cayenne powder. Cook, stirring frequently until the pan is dry, about 2-3 minutes. Stir through the optional butter, if using.
- Place pecans on a piece of parchment paper in a single layer and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the kale and massage it gently. Plate the salad and top with the candied pecans, pomegranate seeds and some fresh cracked pepper.