This Avocado Cucumber Salad is light, refreshing, and is the perfect crunchy and creamy combo. This cucumber recipes can be made ahead of time too!
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 2 English cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (use coconut sugar for paleo, omit for Whole30)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Thai red chili
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup each: basil leaves and cilantro, chopped
- Place the ginger, cucumbers, sea salt, sugar (if using), garlic, and red chili in a large, resealable plastic bag. Squish the bag around a little so that everything is mixed together. Set the bag aside on your counter for a half hour.
- Pour everything from the bag into a salad bowl. Add the celery, oil, and lime juice and toss well. Season to taste with sea salt. Add the diced avocados, basil, and cilantro and gently toss once more.
- Serve within a half hour.
Total time to make this salad is 50 minutes, but most of that is hands off.
You can prepare it ahead of time by combining the cucumbers and spices in the bag but NOT sprinkling the salt and sugar over. Place the bag in the fridge for up to 8 hours. When you are ready, take the bag out of the fridge, add the salt and sugar, let it sit for a half hour then continue with the rest of the preparation.