This simple asparagus salad is the perfect way to show off summer’s tender asparagus and will take you only 15 minutes to make. You’re going to love it!
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- A pinch of salt
For the salad
- 1/2 lb asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (preferably toasted)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small pan. Continue to boil the vinegar until it reduces by half.
- In a small bowl mix the reduced balsamic, honey, Dijon mustard and garlic. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Salt to taste.
- Bring a pan with 2 inches of water in it to a boil. Add the asparagus and simmer it for 2 minutes. Drain the asparagus and rinse it under cold running water then place it in a bowl full of ice and water. Drain and dry the asparagus once it is completely cold.
- Toss the asparagus with the dressing, greens, pecans and optional goat cheese and serve right away.