One of my favourites to serve for brunch is this cherry tomato breakfast tart with asparagus and goat cheese. It’s easy to make, delicious and always a hit
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, unthawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 bunch of asparagus, about 10
- 2 small handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Maldon, or another flaky salt, for sprinkling
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and continue to cook the onions for 10 minutes more. Remove them from the heat.
- minutes before the onions are ready begin rolling out the dough. Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll the dough out to 9×11. Place the dough on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Top the dough with the onions, leaving 1 inch space at the edges. Line up the asparagus on top of the onions then top with the tomatoes and goat cheese. Sprinkle over a good pinch of flaky sea salt.
- If you are making this ahead cover it tightly with plastic wrap and leave it in your fridge overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place the tart in the preheated oven and bake it for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before cutting it into 6 pieces.