This quick and easy to make Asian salad recipe has been a favorite here for a long time. We eat it on its own for lunch or as a healthy side with dinner.
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, almonds, or cashews (no peanuts for paleo or Whole30!)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole30, use maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (gluten-free if needed, coco aminos for paleo + Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated (preferably with a Microplane)
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Toss all the remaining ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- That’s it, enjoy!