This colorful and delicious Easy Asian Coleslaw Recipe makes the perfect side to any BBQ. It’s loaded with crunchy veggies, mandarin oranges, and roasted cashews and tossed in a (mayo-free!) creamy orange sesame dressing. You will LOVE it!
| vegan + paleo + gluten-free |
Orange Sesame Dressing
- Juice from 1 mandarin orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons each: toasted sesame oil and avocado oil (or another light flavored oil)
- 2 tablespoons each: rice wine vinegar, honey (or maple syrup for vegan), and soy sauce (sub coco aminos for paleo)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: finely minced ginger and garlic
Easy Asian Coleslaw
- 1 lb. thinly shaved cabbage (I like half purple and half green cabbage)
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin strips (a mandolin works great for this)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a 2 cup glass jar and give it a good shake. It’s ready to go when it’s creamy. Note: if your tahini is very thick, mix it with the orange juice first then add the rest of the ingredients and shake.
- Add all the Asian coleslaw ingredients to a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.