Amaretto Peach Cobbler is the ultimate summer dessert. Sweet peaches are tossed in amaretto liqueur and topped with a (grain-free!) almond flour and coconut sugar topping. You would NEVER know this is a healthy dessert recipe!
- 6 large peaches (about 3 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup amaretto
The cobbler topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Thinly slice the peaches (I like to leave the skin on) and put them in a 9×11 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the peaches with the tapioca starch and gently toss to combine. Pour the amaretto over the top.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all of the cobbler topping ingredients. Drop the dough in 6 pieces on top of the peaches and spread it out a little bit. You still want some peaches peeking out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Check the cobbler and if it is starting to brown cover it loosely with aluminum foil. Continue to bake for 10 more minutes, or until the cobbler is juicy and bubbling.
- Remove the cobbler from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before digging in.
I love to serve peach cobbler with dairy-free vanilla ice cream, but this is (kind of) optional.