Almond Joy Stuffed Dates are the ultimate healthy treat. The dates are stuffed with coconut then dipped in chocolate and topped with an almond and a sprinkle of sea salt.
| vegan + paleo + gluten-free + refined sugar-free |
- 1/2 cup unsweetened fine shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 30 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup high-quality chopped dark chocolate (see notes)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon coconut oil (only use this if you don’t have high-quality chocolate)
- 30 almonds
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded coconut with the coconut oil and honey or maple syrup.
- Carefully open one date. You don’t want to pull the date completely apart. Stuff the date with some of the shredded coconut then squeeze it closed. Repeat with the remaining dates.
- Place the chocolate in a small pan over low heat and let it melt. Don’t rush this step as you don’t want to burn the chocolate. If you’re using chocolate chips, add the coconut oil to the pan. When the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat.
- Working with one stuffed date at a time, dip the date in the chocolate. You can use a spoon to pour the chocolate over the date. Set the date on a parchment lined plate and put an almond on top. Repeat with the remaining dates. Let the chocolate set a little then sprinkle some flaky sea salt over top.
Quality chocolate is really expensive. To make dipping chocolate that won’t cost you a fortune, use dark chocolate chips or baker’s chocolate and add a tablespoon of coconut oil when you’re melting it. If you add the coconut oil to your chocolate you will need to store these in the fridge as the chocolate will be too soft at room temperature.