Almond Chocolate Nice Cream is as dreamy and delicious as it gets. You’d never guess that this easy to make sugar-free + vegan + paleo ice cream is made with only three ingredients and is super healthy, too!
- 3 frozen bananas
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk (only use if you don’t have a high-powered blender)
- Toppings: chopped almonds, shaved chocolate, cocoa powder, rose petals
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, and almond butter in your high powdered blender (I love my Vitamix!) or your food processor. Note: if you are using your food processor you will need to add some almond milk to help it blend. Start with 1/4 cup and add more as needed.
- Blend on high until smooth, using your plunger to help push the bananas to the bottom of the blender.
- Serve immediately with any or all of the toppings or freeze for up to an hour.
A single serving recipe is 1 banana + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder + 1 tablespoon almond butter.
I find that banana ice cream does not freeze very well. Ideally, it’s best to either make it and eat it right away or freeze it for an hour or less. If you have leftovers, freeze them in a small container but know that the edges of the ice cream will soften while the inside is still very solid. It makes it a little tough to eat, but it is still delicious.
I’ve put this recipe in both the paleo and gluten-free categories. Obviously, the cone is neither of those things. If you’re avoiding grains or gluten, serve this in a bowl. 🙂