Who here loves a super tasty dinner that basically makes itself in under 20 minutes aaaaand is healthy too?
I'm picturing a sea of hands held high with everyone yelling, “I do I do!” At least that's what it looks like from this end of my computer. I'll step away from typing, err eating, for a minute to raise my hand and show my appreciation for quick, healthy, tasty meals.
This is a super quick to make and healthy pasta. I used gluten-free spaghetti for this but you can use any kind of regular or gluten-free pasta you like.
My favorite part of this dish are the tiny bits of lemon that you get every couple of bites. It's like a tiny lemon explosion and it makes my mouth very happy.
This recipe is also super versatile. I've made it before with grated carrots and kale and used chorizo instead of smoked salmon. Goat cheese is also wonderful sprinkled on top.
Thank you for reading this post and I hope you enjoy the 20-minute lemony smoked salmon pasta as much as I do!
If you make 20 Minute Lemony Smoked Salmon Pasta, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.Print
This Lemony Smoked Salmon Pasta is a tasty dinner that basically makes itself in under 20 minutes and is healthy too!
- 8 ounces spaghetti (gluten free or regular)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 15 ounces cold smoked salmon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, cut into 2–3 pieces each
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 thin slices of lemon, cut into 16 pieces each
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti all at once and let the pot return to a boil. Give it a stir then reduce the heat just a little so that it stays at a boil but does not boil over. Cook according to package directions. Save a cup of the pasta water before you drain the pasta.
- Add the olive oil and the thinly sliced onion to a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and starts to brown. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook until a few of them start to burst, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon, peas and artichoke hearts to the pot and warm them through. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon slices.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot and toss to coat well. Add a splash of the reserved cooking liquid if it seems a little dry.
- Serve immediately with extra fresh grated parmesan cheese on the side.