If you haven’t had whipped almond butter oatmeal before you’re in for a real treat. It’s extra rich and creamy and full of healthy (and tasty!) almond butter. You’re going to love it!
Friends! I have something super awesome to share with you today. Four words: Whipped. Almond. Butter. Oatmeal. This is breakfast taken to the next level.
I’ll totally understand if you want to jam right now and make a beeline straight to your kitchen. I wouldn’t blame you at all. Actually, if that’s what you’re doing will you make enough so I can come and join you for breaky?
Whipped almond butter oatmeal is 100% where it’s at.
Truth is, I’ve been totally and completely obsessed with eating oatmeal (or do you say porridge?) every day. I’ve gone from eating 80% paleo to waking up every morning craving oats. #KeepinItReal
Remember that Coconut Triple Chocolate Oatmeal with Chia Power Crunch Clusters? Ya, that was another fav of mine.
This oatmeal is entirely different than any other oatmeal you’ve ever eaten. It is a silky smooth breakfast treat you totally don’t want to miss out on.
Unlike normal oatmeal which you boil away for a while and then eat, whipped almond butter oatmeal goes for a whiz around in your blender till it becomes super creamy and smooth.
Even though it makes for a healthy start to your day, it feels like a total decadent treat.
And then there’re the caramelized bananas. Have you caramelized bananas before? If you haven’t, now is the time to start. Obviously, bananas are awesome just as they are, but when you caramelize them they get extra sweet and a little crunchy. Honestly, it’s hard to snack on them straight from the pan.
Happy breakfast eating, my friends! ?
If you make this Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 ripe, but firm, bananas
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- Optional toppings: coconut milk, honey, coconut sugar, cocoa nibs, coconut, chia seeds, hemp hearts
- Place the rolled oats, vanilla, and 3 cups of water in a small pot over high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the almond butter to the pot and whisk briskly for 1 minute. Continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes, or until the oats are soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Slice the bananas and sprinkle the coconut or brown sugar over both sides. Add them to the pan in a single layer and fry until they are golden brown and caramelized, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the bananas over and let them caramelize on the other side, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Place the oatmeal into your blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour the whipped almond butter oatmeal into 2 bowls and top with the caramelized bananas, toasted almonds and any or all of the optional toppings.
- Happy breakfast!