You’re looking at the most delicious honey glazed chicken ever. The sweet and sticky sauce is spiced with harissa, a North African paste that is super flavourful. It will be a huge hit with your whole family!
I have a confession to make: I’ve been holding out on you.
I don’t know what to say except that I am so very sorry. Things got away from me and, well, there really is no good excuse. You guys deserve not to wait for the most delicious recipes, and for making you wait I truly apologize. Really, I do.
You see, you should have been eating this honey glazed chicken weeks ago, and I hope you can forgive me for making you wait.
I know you live busy lives. You work, have friends, are active and, between all that, you like to find at least a little time to feed yourself (and maybe the awesome peeps around you) well.
This honey glazed chicken will do that for you: It will let you eat deliciously well in 30 minutes flat.
This is one of those fast and easy weeknight meals that you can whip up quickly when you get home and serve with a simple salad on the side for an easy and healthy dinner.
I like to make this with the skin on the chicken, ’cause that’s just the way I roll. If you’d rather do away with the extra fat from the chicken skin then obviously feel free to leave it off.
Can you make this with chicken breasts?
Yep, you sure can. But … I don’t personally think it’s as good. I never choose chicken breasts though since I find they don’t have as much flavour as thighs and are generally drier. If you prefer breasts though this recipe is definitely customizable, so feel free to use them instead.
If you make this Sticky Harissa Honey Glazed Chicken make sure to snap a pic and hashtag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on it!
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, your choice if you want the crispy skin or not
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil, if you choose skinless chicken
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the chicken thighs (and the oil if you're using skinless thighs) in a small ovenproof (preferably cast iron) skillet and season it with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Cover the pan (with a lid or foil) and bake it for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the sauce. Whisk together the honey, harissa, white vinegar and garlic in a small frying pan over medium high heat. Bring it to a boil and continue to boil it, whisking constantly, until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- After 15 minutes remove the chicken from the oven and drain off and liquid. Increase the oven temp to broil at 450. Place the chicken back in the oven, uncovered, on the second rack from the top. Broil for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and drain off any liquid. Pour the honey harissa sauce over the chicken and toss it to coat then put it back in the oven to broil for 5 minutes more. Serve it immediately.