Warning: these mixed nuts are highly addictive!
Don't make these if you're not into insanely delicious, sweet and salty snacks. Just walk away now if you don't like your tongue to tingle. Cover your eyes if you can't handle the smoke.
Wait, who am I kidding? Run to your kitchen and make these pronto.
Candied mixed nuts are simple to make and great for:
- snacking on
- giving away as gifts
- sprinkling over your salad
- topping a cake
- nibbles at a party
- taking on a hike
- sharing with your favourite person
- hoarding to yourself
If you make these Spicy Rum and Rosemary Mixed Nuts make sure to snap a pic and hashtag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on them!
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup dark rum
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of chili flakes (for some extra spice)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a pan over medium-high heat bring the brown sugar, dark rum, rosemary sprigs, sea salt, ancho chili powder and optional chili flakes to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup sit for 15 minutes.
- Combine the walnuts, cashews, pecans and almonds in a large bowl. You will need enough room to mix them so divide the nuts between 2 bowls if you don't have a large enough one.
- Once the syrup has infused for 15 minutes, remove the rosemary sprigs and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 2 minutes, or until it begins to thicken. Pour it over the nuts; if you are using two bowls then divide the syrup between them.
- Toss the nuts well then lay then on the prepared baking sheets. Place the pans in the preheated oven and bake them for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden brown and very fragrant. Stir the nuts halfway through baking
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- One Pan Lemony Greek Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus - April 25, 2017
- Broccoli, Cauliflower, Blueberry Coleslaw - April 22, 2017
- Blog Income Report – March 2017 - April 20, 2017