These honey roasted carrots are sweet and have just the right amount of spice from a pinch (or two, if you're daring) of cayenne powder. They're super easy to make and go as well beside a weeknight meal as they do at a dinner party.
You guys, these honey roasted carrots. I don't even know what to say except for, “Why don't I have a giant plate of them in front of me right now?!!” Seriously, they're SO GOOD!
They're sweet and delicious with the right touch of spice. I *might* have eaten half of them standing in front of the oven straight off of the baking sheet. Before dinner. Before taking photos of them. They're that good.
And yes, I know we're talking about carrots here. I do generally like carrots, but you're not going to find me raving like mad chic about them. I mean, carrots are normally just … you know, carrots.
But honey roasted carrots are a whole different story. They're like candy, in vegetable form. What the ??? It's true.
I dare you to make them and not eat them all before anyone else gets to them. Double dare. It's almost impossible.
Ok ok, I'll rein myself in. No more going on and on about how amazing they are. But, there is one more thing you guys need to know …
Those super delicious and pretty looking honey roasted carrots you see there are crazy EASY to make, too. Like, cahrazyyyy easy. It almost doesn't make sense that something this easy could taste this good. Bowing down to these sweet carrots right now.?
Here's how you turn regular ol' carrots into deelish honey roasted carrts:
- Put the carrots, some honey, a little oil and some salt and pepp into a bowl and toss them around.
- Pop the carrots into your oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the carrots out and sprinkle them with some herbs.
That's seriously it, guys. You don't even need a recipe for this one. Of course, there is a real recipe at the bottom of this post. But you know, you don't really need it.
And BTW … if you haven't decided what to put on your Easter dinner table this weekend I'd like to give a big shout out to these carrots. Sure, you can eat them every night of the week, but they'd also be killer with a turkey dinner. Next Thanksgiving and Christmas they'll be making an appearance at my table, fo sho!
If you're making these for a big dinner party, toss the carrots with the honey and oil (omit the salt) and set them on the baking sheet. You can leave them on the counter like this for hours. Just before you put them in the oven, sprinkle them with sea salt. 🙂
If you make these Spicy Honey Roasted Carrots make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 8 carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- A few cranks of fresh cracked pepper
- A pinch (or two!) or cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then in half again so you have 4 long strips. If the top of your carrots are large you can cut each in half again.
- Place the carrots, honey, oil, salt, pepper and cayenne powder in a large bowl and toss to coat well. Put the carrots onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn the carrots over and bake for another 10 minutes, or until they have started to brown and caramelize in spots.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and sprinkle with the thyme and chives. If you'd like, you can drizzle the carrots with a little extra honey ... you know I would!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Tangy Sesame Lemon Chicken - March 30, 2017
- Curried Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Coconut Sweet Potato Topping - March 28, 2017
- The 15 Best Whole30 Easter Recipes - March 26, 2017