Are you a big fan of delicious meals that take only minutes to throw together? And what about if they’re also healthy and gluten free? Ya, I’m kinda a big fan of that, too.
These noodles are seriously easy to put together and will be a major crowd-pleaser. Switch up the veggies so it will be full of your favourites or add a little chicken or pulled pork to make it a hearty meal.
They also reheat great. Just throw them in a pan with a little bit of water and reheat them over medium heat. I ate the leftovers for breakfast. I sometimes wonder if I’m the only person who would rather eat left over dinner for breakfast rather than pancakes. Does that make any sense? I think it just means that these noodles are freakin’ delicious.
If you make Soy Ginger Noodles make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 4 bundles soba noodles
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into ⅓ inch wide strips
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- Oil for sautéing
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated with a microplane or very finely minced
- 1 ½ inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Sriracha to taste
- Optional: 2 tablespoons prawn stock
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook for a little over half the recommended time. You will want them to be firm and a little undercooked as they will cook more in the frying pan.
- Combine all sauce ingredients, stir and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat a small amount of oil over high heat. Add peppers and onions at the same time and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add partially cooked noodles and sauce to the frying pan with the peppers and toss to coat. Add a splash of water if necessary. Return to heat and toss gently till noodles have been reheated and are fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Gently mix in grated carrot and cilantro.