Right now, I’m sitting in front of my laptop saying Smoky Chipotle Guacamole Dip out loud with my best attempt at a Mexican accent. You should try this. Seriously, you should. I think it’s impossible to do without laughing!
I swear I could eat guacamole every day. A big pile of mashed up avocados and some tortilla chips or crackers is my idea of a perfect quick and healthy go-to lunch.
There are lots of recipes out there for guacamole but this one is by far my favourite. There’s a little bit of heat from the red chili (if you choose to add it) and mild smoky flavour that is the perfect balance to the rich, creamy avocados. The liquid smoke is the secret ingredient here; definitely don’t leave it out.
If you make Smoky Chipotle Guacamole make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 2 ripe avocados, seed and skin removed
- 1 small tomato or a small handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Juice from half a lime
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated on a microplane or very finely minced
- 3-4 drops of liquid smoke
- Optional: 1 red chili, finely minced
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Using a fork, mash each avocado half once or twice. Then gently mix together to combine all other ingredients. If you like your guacamole smoother mix it together a little more.
- Serve with some tortilla chips, crackers or raw veggies
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Spicy Kung Pao Chicken - May 27, 2016
- Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Quinoa Casserole - May 24, 2016
- Cinnamon Scented Vegetarian Crock Pot Moroccan Tagine - May 20, 2016