This Crock Pot Chicken Chili recipe is smoky, a touch sweet, and totally delicious. It is flavored with bourbon and BBQ sauce and slow cooked until the chicken is fall-apart tender. You will LOVE it!
Crock pot for the win! Yes, I'm looking at you, set it and forget best kitchen friend of mine ever. You win. Again.
Go ahead and close your eyes for a minute. You're walking up to your front door. You're about to crack a beer and collapse on your couch and Netflix it until you fall blissfully asleep knowing there're no mouths to feed / dog to walk/ alarm to wake you up in the morning. Ha! Dreams are great.
Truth: You walk up to your front door trying to decide which take out joint to order from tonight. You open your door and BAM! you breathe in all the deliciousness of the chicken chili you popped in the crock pot like the sassy lil homemaker you are. Seriously girl, you rock.
You sneak a peek inside and find this steaming tomato bean situation that's smoky and slightly sweet and bourbon-y and every bit as delicious as that sounds x100. Now go ahead and pour yourself that beer, you deserve it!
Remember back when I had a thing against crock pots? What was up with that? And talk about flipping around a full 180 in opinion. I've seen the light, my friends. My mind has been opened.
There's also been a beam of light shone on chicken chili. I used to think that was weird, too. Seriously, what kind of food blogger am I anyway?
There's magic that happens when you cook your chicken chili and your crock pot. The chicken becomes super tender so you can pull it apart into small(ish) pieces that wind their way around the beans and corn and mix into everything rather than stand out all on their own. There's no being forced to pick around weird square chunks of dry chicken here. It's all melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness.
And if you want even more deliciousness (can you even handle it all?) whip up a batch of Cheesy Chili Zucchini Cornbread Muffins. You can thank me later. ???
If you make this BBQ Bourbon Crock Pot Chicken Chili recipe make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each: cumin, smoked paprika, and sea salt
- 3 - 15-ounce cans of beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Optional: 2 tablespoons honey
- To serve: grated cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, and cilantro
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the chicken breasts, corn and honey to your crock pot (this is the crock pot I have) and stir to mix well. Nestle the chicken breasts on top and set your crock pot to high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot. Add the corn to the pot and stir. Shred the chicken using 2 forks then stir it back into the chili. Taste and season with sea salt and, if you'd like it a touch sweeter, a little honey.
- Serve with any or all of the toppings.
Want more delicious chili recipes? Try these:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Curried Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Coconut Sweet Potato Topping - March 28, 2017
- The 15 Best Whole30 Easter Recipes - March 26, 2017
- Three Easy Party Dips – 5 simple ingredients - March 24, 2017