Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower is a super simple side dish recipe that is as healthy as it is delicious. It is flavored with turmeric, ginger, and a little chili then roasted until golden and topped with a squeeze of lemon. It is a naturally vegan + paleo + low carb recipe to add to your clean eating recipe list. You will LOVE it!
And the turmeric craze continues!!
Have you noticed that turmeric recipes are taking the OL world by storm? Everywhere I look there's a new recipe for the magic yellow superfood.
I think this is the first time in my life I've been on time for a new food trend. Usually, I jump on board the trend train long after it's pulled out of the station.
That's what happened with me and cauliflower. Everyone in the world had already figured out that cauliflower is AMAZING and can be eaten in more ways than my imagination can make up. By the time I jumped aboard, people were already moving onto the next hot thing.
Maybe I should learn to move on like everyone else, but I've still got a big soft spot for cauliflower. This Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower recipe combines my two favorites into one delicious dish. It's surprisingly simple to make and packs a ton of flavor.
Did you catch the other turmeric recipes I've shared over the past few weeks? First, there was the Orange Ginger Turmeric Smoothie. That one was like an Orange Julius that got a serious modern day makeover.
The other was my recipe for Magic Turmeric Tea. It's my secret weapon against the cold and flu and it keeps me healthy all winter long. If you're feeling a tickle in your throat, drown yourself in this tea and you'll feel better by morning.
Back to this recipe …
I've got to be honest with you guys, I'm a little embarrassed about how much of this turmeric cauliflower I'm able to eat. The recipe is for four people, but I could easily sit down and make a meal out of this. I know it's supposed to be a side dish, but it's so addicting that I'd be happy calling it my dinner.
The turmeric gives it a light curry flavor and the roasted lemons make the whole dish pop. It's also super easy to make and very forgiving. Don't hesitate to eyeball the ingredients; this is one recipe you don't have to be precise with.
If you make this Golden Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon each: sea salt and chili powder
- ½ teaspoon each: black pepper and ground ginger
- 1 lemon, cut into half slices
- Cilantro, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a large bowl and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle the turmeric, sea salt, chili powder, black pepper, and ginger over top and toss so everything is well coated. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning halfway. At the halfway mark (after 20 minutes) add the lemon slices to the baking sheet.
- Serve the turmeric cauliflower with the roasted lemons squeezed over top and a little cilantro.
More delicious cauliflower recipes:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Coconut Black Lentil Curry (vegan dal makhani) - February 24, 2017
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls - February 21, 2017
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce - February 17, 2017