Hello, friends! You must be wondering what the heck is going on here today. Hot pink. Valentine's Day. Oh my … this doesn't sound like me at all.
I'm totally not a pink kind of girl, but something came over me and I just couldn't stop myself. I'm blaming it on all the rain and the gray, wintery sky that's making me crave color. Seriously, can't it just be green and summery again?
Until the blue sky appears, let's fill our lives with pink. Hot pink. Berry smoothie pink. Valentine's pink.
It got me thinking about Valentine's Day when I was a kid. My mom would wake up extra early and make a huge pink breakfast feast for me and my sister. Yep, you heard that right … a pink breakfast feast.
There were pink, heart-shaped pancakes, pink whipped cream, pink milk, and strawberries. She'd set the table with red napkins, Valentine's glitter and set a special chocolate on our plates. I remember how exciting Valentine's Day felt when I was a kid, and I know it was 100% my mom who made it that way.
She made these special breakfasts every year until I graduated and moved out. I seriously have the best mom … and I seriously think I need to find a way to make sure I'm home for Valentine's Day morning this year. I really want a pink breakfast feast again!
If it doesn't happen it'll be me and this pink berry smoothie.
I normally go for a veggie-loaded smoothie, so this cup-o-pink is a bit out of the ordinary for me. It's sweet enough to be dessert but full of healthy berries, banana and chia seeds. Total healthy treat.
You could take this berry smoothie in a completely different directions, too. Like, you could pour in some rum and call it a daiquiri. Oh ya, you could definitely do that!
If you make this Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on it. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a blender with 1 cup of water and blend on high until smooth. If you'd like you can top each glass with a little sprinkle of chia seeds and a frozen raspberry. Serve immediately as the chia seeds will thicken the smoothie if you let it sit.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Quinoa Ranch Cauliflower Burgers with Zucchini Coleslaw - May 28, 2017
- Fresh Pineapple Margaritas with Sweet and Spicy Rim Salt - May 25, 2017
- Pan Fried Chicken and Mushrooms with Creamy Cauliflower Mash - May 23, 2017