I've come to think of chicken in the same way I do tofu. Its sole purpose is to act as a vehicle to help get more of whatever delicious sauce it's coated in into my mouth. You'll want to lick your fingers, the plate and the pan these were cooked on. This honey garlic chicken is that good.
It also comes together in only 35 minutes, and most of that time is spent staring at your oven willing this mouthwatering honey garlic chicken to hurry up and cook faster. So easy. So good.
Serve this sweet and sticky chicken with this baby kale and pomegranate salad or some smokey parmesan corn on the cob. Finish with this roasted black plum and mascarpone pie for a seriously delicious meal 🙂
If you make this Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 8 pieces of chicken (thighs, wings and drumsticks work best)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 4 garlic cloves, grated with a Microplane, or grated finely then chopped to a paste
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated with a Microplane or grated finely then chopped to a paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- Preheat oven to 420 and place the oven rack in the top third of the oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Season chicken with a pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven combine all other ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- After 20 minutes, remove chicken from the oven and, using tongs, place each piece in the bowl with the sauce. Drain any fat that is on the baking sheet into the bowl with the sauce. Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Return the chicken to the baking sheet, skin side down, and put the chicken back in the oven. Set the sauce bowl aside to save the sauce for the next step. Turn oven to broil and broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and turn to skin side up. Using a rubber spatula, coat the chicken skin with any remaining sauce. Broil for another 5 minutes.
Want more chicken? Check out:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Blog Income Report – February 2017 - March 23, 2017
- Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup with Crispy Chickpea Croutons - March 21, 2017
- Spring Veggie Enchiladas with Cilantro, Lime, Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce - March 19, 2017