I’ve come to think of chicken in the same way I do tofu. Its sole purpose is to act as a vehicle to help get more of whatever delicious sauce it’s coated in into my mouth. You’ll want to lick your fingers, the plate and the pan these were cooked on. This honey garlic chicken is that good.
Serve this sweet and sticky chicken with this baby kale and pomegranate salad or some smokey parmesan corn on the cob. Finish with this roasted black plum and mascarpone pie for a seriously delicious meal
Make sure to follow The Endless Meal!
- 8 pieces of chicken (thighs, wings and drumsticks work best)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 4 garlic cloves, grated with a microplane or grated finely then chopped to a paste
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated with a microplane or grated finely then chopped to a paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- Preheat oven to 420. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven combine all other ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly.
- After 20 minutes, remove chicken from the oven and, using tongs, place each piece in the bowl with the sauce. Drain any fat that is on the baking sheet into the bowl with the sauce. Toss to coat thoroughly. Place sauce bowl aside.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on the baking sheet and return to oven. Turn oven to broil and broil for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the oven and turn to skin side up. Using a rubber spatula, coat the chicken skin with any remaining sauce. Broil for another 5 minutes.
Want more chicken? Check out: