There’s a new coffee shop that opened near my home, and I’m a bit in love with it. The two (rather cute) men who own it are super awesome, the space is wicked and the food is crazy delicious. If you’re from or travelling through Vancouver make sure you check out Lost + Found.
Are you wondering what a post about a Healthy Asian Noodle Salad has to do with a new coffee shop? Well you see, I kind of
This asian noodle salad keeps in the fridge really well for several days. I actually find it gets better the next day. I tend to like my food on the spicier side so you’ll notice a bit of sriracha and chili flakes in the recipe. Do adjust the amounts if your tongue doesn’t like a little spice
Make sure to follow The Endless Meal!
- 1 – 500 gram package of linguini
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut on a diagonal
- 1 handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup peanuts, roasted
- 1 cup dried show mein noodles
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, or to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fish sauce or prawn stock
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and cool down under cold running water. Set aside.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Add cooled pasta and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes so the pasta can absorb a little of the sauce.
- Add all the vegetables and peanuts and toss to coat.
- Divide pasta between 4 plates. Top each with ¼ cup of dried chow main noodles.