Did you know that you can make peanut butter cookies without using any flour? Until a few days ago I had no idea it was possible. And I’m going to be honest with you, once I heard it could be done I didn’t think they would taste all that good. I mean, how good can a flourless gluten free cookie taste anyway?
That’s what I was thinking then. Now I’m just looking at the empty bag that the cookies used to be in wishing there were more.
They were dangerously close to being a perfect peanut butter cookie. In my mind a peanut butter cookie needs to be soft and chewy, full of peanut-y flavour, crunchy peanut bits and sprinkled with chocolate chips. These guys had it all.
If you’re on team crunchy cookie you can have that too. All it takes is a few extra minutes in the oven to turn these into crunchy peanut butter cookies.
I should warn you that the dough will seem really strange when you’re putting it on the pan. It will be really oily and won’t hold together well. It will also spread out a lot on when cooking so leave plenty of room between each cookie.
Also, the different between having a soft chewy cookie and a crunchy cookie is literally only a few extra minutes in the oven. Make sure you watch them carefully!
Make sure to follow The Endless Meal!
- 1 cup (265 grams) natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (68 grams) packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (37 grams) white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons (9 grams) vanilla
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) baking soda
- ½ cup (62 grams) chopped peanuts
- ½ cup (62 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl beat together the peanut butter with the sugars. Add the egg, vanilla and baking soda and beat till combined.
- Stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 inch balls of the dough and space a few inches apart from each other on an un-greased baking sheet. Gently press down the tops of each ball of dough. Bake for 8-9 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.