You know those meals that, when you make them once, you want to make them again and again for ever and ever? These salmon steaks were like that for us.
Cooking salmon can be a touch tricky as it has a tendency to dry out and become rubbery if you overcook it. But … I've got the trick for cooking perfect salmon every time and, I'm going to share it with you.
To prevent salmon from drying out, you want to cook it at a low temp in the oven. I cook these at 225 degrees Fahrenheit over 20 minutes.
Low and slow is the way to go.
By cooking the salmon slowly you get perfectly tender and melt in your mouth fish. Try this method just once and you'll be hooked. It's the only method I use for baking fish.
Do watch out for bones when you eat your steaks. There does tend to be quite a few of them. If you're serving this to kids you might want to make salmon fillets for them. You can cook them exactly the same.
If you make this Ginger Miso Salmon make sure to snap a pic and hashtag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on it!
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 - 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the scales from the skin by holding the salmon under cold running water and gently but firmly scraping the skin with a knife or spoon. Dry the salmon with paper towels and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix together the miso paste, maple syrup, ginger and garlic. Spoon the paste evenly ever the salmon and spread it along the top of the steaks.
- Bake the salmon steaks in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit and the salmon flakes easily.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and serve topped with some green onions.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Fresh Pineapple Margaritas with Sweet and Spicy Rim Salt - May 25, 2017
- Pan Fried Chicken and Mushrooms with Creamy Cauliflower Mash - May 23, 2017
- Lifesaving Lemony Salad Dressing - May 19, 2017