How is it possible that I have so few posts about cocktails on my blog? I’ve been writing two or three times a week since September, and I only have about a handful on here. It’s shameful, I know. Not to worry, that’s all about to change very soon. Starting now.
This fresh mint mojito is the first in the new Cocktail Fridays series.
When life hands you a bag of limes, a bottle of rum and a bundle of mint, you make mojitos! Obviously. I have to thank my mom for the inspiration and the ingredients. We had a lot of practice perfecting the recipe when she was down last week.
If you’ve never had a mojito, you need to make one. Now. They’re minty and fresh and perfect for patios. They taste light, but they pack a punch if you’re not careful. Not that I’m suggesting you be careful. That just sounds boring.
Go ahead, drink up. You might not like me for it in the morning, but at least you’ll like me now 🙂
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½-ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- Soda, to top
- Place the mint leaves and sugar in the bottom of a glass and muddle with a spoon to release the oils from the mint.
- Add the lime juice and rum and top with soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Feeling thirsty? Check out these other cocktail recipes:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- One Pot Vegan Pasta with Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce - October 23, 2016
- Creamy Cauliflower Hummus - October 21, 2016
- Not Yo Mama’s Pork Chops and Mushroom Soup - October 18, 2016