I could eat guacamole every day. Like, every. single. day.
Why Guacamole Makes the Best Lunch Ever:
- It takes less than 5 minutes to make
- You only dirty 1 bowl, 1 fork, a knife and a cutting board. Do you see where I’m going with this? No dishes! Almost
- It’s creamy and delicious
- What you eat it with is often crunchy
- There’s really no right or wrong way of making it. So long as you have an avocado you can have guacamole
- It’s super yummy and good for you healthy
There’re lots of different ways you can make guacamole but I really wanted to share with you a super simple easy guacamole recipe. If you are looking for something fancier this Smoky Chipotle Guacamole is pretty awesome and this Aji Guacamole is great on tacos.
If you’ve only ever bought guacamole before, right now would be a great time to stop doing that. Seriously. Please stop. Please, please. It’s almost as easy to make as taking a lid off a jar, and it is just so much tastier. And then, of course, there’s no weird and hard to pronounce ingredients in here.
To make this easy guacamole recipe, you really only need three things:
And of course, an avocado, too. 🙂
There are lots of other stuff like onions and tomatoes and chilies that you can also use but with those 3 things you can make a bowl of guacamole in less time than it would take you to say, “Uno más cerveza, por favor!” Ok, almost less time.
If you make this Easy Guacamole Recipe make sure to snap a pic and hashtag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on it!
Choosing a ripe avocado can be a little tricky. To know if one is ready, give it a gentle squeeze with the tips of your fingers. If it gives just a little it is ripe. I find the squeeze test is a lot more accurate than simply looking for a dark avocado. 🙂
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, grated on a Microplane or finely minced
- A large pinch of salt
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onion
- Finely minced chilis
- Finely minced chipotle peppers
- A few drops of liquid smoke
- Finely crumbled cooked bacon
- To cut the avocados, run a knife around the avocado (from top to bottom) and twist in half. Pull out and discard the pit. Using a spoon or your thumb, remove the flesh and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves into the bowl with the avocado, being careful not to get any seeds. Add the garlic, salt and any/all or none of the optional ingredients. Using a fork gently mash each avocado half a few times then stir all ingredients together.
HEY, AMIGO! WANT SOME MORE MEXICAN?
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- 15 Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes for Back to School Season - August 28, 2016
- Banh Mi Noodle Bowls - August 21, 2016
- Balsamic Fig Chicken Marsala - August 19, 2016