Crispy Eggplant Fries? Yep, you read that correctly. You’ve heard of heard of zucchini fries, or mozza sticks or even jalapeño poppers, right? Eggplant French Fries are along the same lines, but even tastier. In my opinion, they’re better than any regular French fry I’ve ever eaten.
When Grace Wilders asked me to review her cookbook 57 Easy and Delicious Eggplant Recipes I thought, “57 eggplant recipes!? Is that even possible?” I like eggplant but coming up with 57 different eggplant recipes seemed like quite the feat. Until now my eggplant repertoire has been limited to baba ganoush and eggplant parmesan.
Even though the 57 Easy and Delicious Eggplant Recipes are laid out in three sections from easiest, medium difficulty and more complex, none of the recipes are overly difficult. Make sure you try the Greek Yogurt Eggplant Salad and the Olive and Eggplant Spread, both are delicious. Unfortunately there are no photos to entice you to make the recipes. It’s a shame since every recipe I’ve made I enjoyed and will definitely make again. On my list to try are the Fried Eggplant “Meatballs” and the Eggplant Bacon, both are vegetarian and sound amazing.
To win a free copy of Grace Wilders e-cookbook 57 Easy and Delicious Eggplant Recipes , leave a comment and 1 winner will be selected at random. Contest closes June 1st. Good luck! Contest closed.
- 1 medium
- 1 eggplant, cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- Sauce for dipping: ketchup, marinara, chipotle aioli
- Preheat the oven to the highest temperature. Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil.
- Mix the cheese, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic salt in a medium-sized bowl. In another small bowl beat the two eggs.
- Dredge the eggplant strips first in the egg then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the eggplants on oiled baking sheet. Spray the tops lightly with oil. (I skipped this step)
- Place the tray on the top level in the oven and broil for 3 minutes. Turn the eggplant fries and broil for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.