I know I know, cranberry and white chocolate butter cookies sound like Christmas cookies. I assure you that I am not trying to hurry along summer, nor an I anxiously awaiting Christmas season. While these little buttery morsels could very easily fit into your Christmas baking repertoire, they’re just as easily enjoyed during the hot summer months.
They’re melt-in-your-mouth buttery with sweet creamy white chocolate and tart chewy bits of cranberries. They’re super flaky and fall apart fairly easily so they are best kept small, one or two bite sized small.
Don’t want to make (cause then you have to eat) a whole batch of cookies? No problem, just put the uncooked cookie dough in the freezer and take it out to bake whenever you’re ready. The cookies you’re looking at in these pictures were made a few months ago and bake today; they were just as good as the ones I baked right away. There’s also no need to thaw the entire roll, just cut off a cookie or two whenever the mood strikes.
If you make these Cranberry and White Chocolate Butter Cookies make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- ½ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Beat together butter and powdered sugar until well combined. Add flour, vanilla and salt and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
- Stir in white chocolate and cranberries.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on your table. Place half or a quarter of the batter (depending how big you want your cookies) on top of the plastic wrap and form into a log. Roll the log tight and place in the fridge to harden for 1 hour. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut ½ inch circles and bake on an un-greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Cookies should barely (or not at all) be brown on the bottoms.
- Remove from oven and let rest for one minute. Move cookies to continue cooling on a cooling rack.
Check out these other delicious cookie recipes: