Damn I love my ‘job.’ That’s what I’m calling this these days. Not because it feels like work, nor because I’m bringing home a fat pay check (I’m working on that though ) I love my job because I can sit here sipping a strawberry basil mojito because I ‘have’ to. It’s a rough life.
I know I’ve gone a bit overboard with mojitos recently. First there was the Coconut Raspberry Mojito Jello Shooters, then there was the Fresh Mint Mojitos, and now a Strawberry Basil Mojito. But I just came back from Cuba, can you blame me?
These babies are like summertime in a glass. Think grass between your toes, warm evenings that go on forever, and the scent on BBQ drifting though you neighbourhood. You can make them by the glass, but I’d make them by the pitcher.
This one’s for you, Andy. One day I’d love to take you up on your offer and come back to Costa Rica to try your strawberry mojito. Your food and drinks at Chile Rojo was the best! Cheers
- 1 shot white rum
- 1 shot strawberry simple syrup
- 2-3 torn basil leaves
- Splash of lemon juice
- SodaStream soda water
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
- Strawberry Simple Syrup: 1 cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 5 strawberries, thinly sliced
- Add basil leaves, strawberry simple syrup an lemon juice in the bottom of a glass with ice.
- Add rum and top with SodaStream soda water. Let drink stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the basil flavour to infuse.
- Strawberry Simple Syrup: combine water, sugar and strawberries in a pot and bring to a boil
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Blend strawberries and syrup together.