Damn I love my ‘job.’ That’s what I’m calling this these days. It’s not because it feels like work, nor because I’m bringing home a fat paycheck (I’m working on that, though :)). I love my job because I can sit here sipping a strawberry basil mojito because I ‘have’ to. It’s a rough life.
I know I’ve gone a bit overboard with mojitos recently. First there was the Coconut Raspberry Mojito Jello Shooters, and then there was the Fresh Mint Mojitos, and now a Strawberry Basil Mojito. But I just came back from Cuba, can you blame me?
These babies are like summertime in a glass. Think grass between your toes, warm evenings that go on forever, and the scent on BBQ drifting through your neighbourhood. You can make them by the glass, but I’d make them by the pitcher.
This one’s for you, Andy. One day I’d love to take you up on your offer and come back to Costa Rica to try your strawberry mojito. Your food and drinks at Chile Rojo was the best! Cheers
If you make this Strawberry Basil Mojito make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 shot strawberry simple syrup (see ingredients below)
- ¼ shot lemon juice
- 1 shot white rum
- 2-3 torn basil leaves
- Splash of lemon juice
- Soda water
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 5 strawberries, thinly sliced
- Add the basil leaves, strawberry simple syrup and lemon juice in the bottom of a glass with a little ice.
- Add the rum and top with some soda water. Let the drink stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the basil flavour to infuse.
- Combine the water, sugar and strawberries in a pot and bring it to a boil
- Remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let it stand at room temperature until cool.
- Blend the strawberries and syrup together.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad with Chipotle Mint Dressing - May 5, 2016
- Blog Income Report – April 2016 - May 1, 2016
- Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas - April 29, 2016