I could almost believe it was summer today, feeling the sun pour in my windows and warming me up. That was until I went outside. This time of year always feels like a tease. It is so close to summer that I want to take out my summer dresses, put on my sandals and leave my jacket at the door. Of course, if I actually did that I would freeze to death.
Last week for Cocktail Fridays I did my best to encourage summer to hurry up with this Strawberry and Basil Mojito. The sun’s been shining all week, so maybe it worked. Fingers are crossed that all she needs is another sunny summer cocktail, and she’ll stick around till October.
I have a bit of an obsession with grapefruit; I eat one almost every morning. I also have a bit of an obsession with margaritas. No, I don’t drink one almost every morning. Perhaps I should; they’re delicious. Grapefruit margaritas are super similar to a regular margarita only they replace the lime with grapefruit. Hello, delicious cocktails!
- Sea salt, for rim of glass
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz orange liquor (Grand Marnier, triple sec, Cointreau)
- 3 oz grapefruit juice
- 1-ounce agave or simple syrup
- Grapefruit slice (optional)
- A splash of soda water
- Wet the rim of the glass by rubbing it with grapefruit juice. Dab the rim in a little salt. This is done easiest if you pour a little salt onto a plate.
- In a cocktail shaker combine all other ingredients. Add ice to the shaker and shake well.
- Serve on the rocks with a slice of grapefruit and a splash of soda water.
If you don't have a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients in a glass with ice and stir.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Blog Income Report – April 2016 - May 1, 2016
- Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas - April 29, 2016
- Easy Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna with Kale Olive Pesto - April 26, 2016