I could almost believe it was summer today, feeling the sun pour in my windows and warming me up. That is, until I went outside. This time of year always feels like a tease. It is so close to summer. I want to take out my summer dresses, put on my sandals and leave my jacket at home. Of course if I actually did that I would freeze to death.
Last week for Cocktail Fridays I did my best to encourage summer to hurry up. The sun’s been shining all week so maybe it worked. Fingers are crossed that all she needs is another sunny summer cocktail and she’ll stick around till October.
I have a bit of an obsession with grapefruit; I eat one almost every morning. I also have a bit of an obsession with margaritas. No I don’t drink one almost every morning. Perhaps I should; they’re delicious. Grapefruit margaritas are super similar to a regular margarita only they replace the lime with grapefruit.
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz orange liquor (Grand Marnier, triple sec, cointreau)
- 3 oz grapefruit juice
- Agave or simple syrup to taste
- Salt for rim of glass (optional)
- Grapefruit slice (optional)
- A splash of soda water
- Rim a glass with salt
- In a cocktail shaker combine all other ingredients over ice. Shake well.
- Serve on the rocks with a slice of grapefruit and optional splash of soda water.
If you don't have a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients in a glass with ice and stir.