Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps are topped with cheese and baked till melty. They're easy to make ahead and a crazy delicious appetizer recipe for any party.
It's doing my head in that 2016 is almost over. Seriously, this year has whizzed by. I know it's cliche to ask, but where did the year go? Was it the same for you?
These chorizo stuffed mushroom caps are also doing my head in. They're supposed to be an appetizer, but we made a meal out of them cause we just couldn't stop eating them. #NoWillPower
They're made by sauteeing some onion, garlic, spicy chorizo, and a little kale. (Let's be honest, the kale is in there so we can pat ourselves on the back about what a tasty and healthy NYE appy we made.) You're going to stuff some button mushrooms with the chorizo/onion/kale and sprinkle on a healthy dose of cheese.
When they come out of the oven, all melty cheese amazing, you're going to pop these on a tray and watch in amazement as they disappear fast. Make sure you snag a few before you put them out. Chef's treat.
Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps are awesome because:
♡ Spicy chorizo is one of the best things ever. It's like bacon, anything you add it to becomes 100x better.
♡ They're bite-sized so perfect for a party.
♡ They're covered in melty, delicious cheese. Cheese makes anything and everything awesome.
♡ These tasty bites are also pretty healthy. Chorizo = a good source of protein. Kale, mushrooms, and onions = healthy veggies. A pinch of cheese = just enough to be delicious.
♡ You can assemble these chorizo stuffed mushroom caps a day ahead of time. When your guests show up, pop them into the oven. So easy!
Speaking of making chorizo stuffed mushroom caps for your NYE party, what are you guys up to on New Year's Eve? Do you have big party plans? Or are you going to take it easy and ring in 2017 bright-eyed and hangover free?
Last year, we stayed out late but I got to wake up feeling great as it was super fancy bubbly water for me all night. This year, we'll be bringing little Ava to the party with us. At seven months she's already a social butterfly so I've got my fingers crossed she'll make it to the countdown.
10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 Happy (almost) New Year's Eve!
If you make these Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 36 button mushrooms, stems removed from caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- ½ lb. spicy chorizo, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup finely minced kale, packed
- 2 tablespoons port wine (or sub red wine)
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups grated fontina cheese, divided (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the mushroom caps on the baking sheet, top side down.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-hight heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the chorizo and garlic and cook until the chorizo is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the kale and port and let the kale wilt. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Divide the chorizo mixture between the mushroom caps and top each with the parmesan and fontina cheeses. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the cheese has melted.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Chipotle Pineapple Orange Crock Pot Chicken Taco Lettuce Boats - April 27, 2017
- One Pan Lemony Greek Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus - April 25, 2017
- Broccoli, Cauliflower, Blueberry Coleslaw - April 22, 2017