If you're looking for Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies, this is your recipe. They're crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle and full of delicious peanut flavour. You will LOVE them!
I might have had a serious cookie craving the other day. And when I say serious, I mean, SERIOUS. It started off with 4 of these delicious white chocolate and cranberry butter cookies, but that just wasn't enough. I needed some peanut butter cookies. Some soft and chewy and yummy peanut butter cookies. And since I promised you a treat for sticking with me through a week's worth of playing catch up on the Cooking Up an Income Reports, I figured I really couldn't feel guilty about all these cookies.
My craving for chewy peanut butter cookies actually started about a week ago when I saw one bigger than my outstretched hand at a coffee shop. (See how much self-control I actually have. 🙂 ) But the thing with peanut butter cookies is that when they're good, they're crazy good, but when they're bad, they're really bad. And coffee shop peanut butter cookies always seems to be hard, dry and totally disappointing. Totally unlike these ones here.
These soft, chewy and extra peanut buttery morsels are as good as it gets. And there's a tiny sprinkle of Maldon sea salt on too, just because sea salt makes everything better. You're welcome 🙂
If you make these Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Maldon sea salt, or other light tasting flakey sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter using an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add sugars and continue to beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon of salt and mix just until blended.
- Roll balls of dough in white sugar before placing on an ungreased baking sheet. Press down lightly with the prongs of a fork to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Sprinkle lightly with Maldon sea salt as soon as you remove the cookies from the oven.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for at least 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Original recipe is from Every Day Home Cook
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Coconut Black Lentil Curry (vegan dal makhani) - February 24, 2017
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls - February 21, 2017
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce - February 17, 2017