I know I called this carrot ginger salad dressing, but it’s a bit misleading. It really should be called Carrot Ginger Put This On Everything Sauce, but that’s a bit of a mouthful to say.
You know that always incredibly delicious carrot dressing that every Japanese restaurant around the world (or at least the one’s that I’ve been to) serves on their salad? This is it.
And it is every bit as addicting. It tastes light and refreshing and a little bit tangy. It can be made with or without oil so it is completely fat free if you want it to be. I know that it is basically putting vegetables on top of vegetables, but it is just so damn good!
And the best part? It’s not limited to salad dressing. Tonight, I put it on top of a piece of salmon before I baked it in the oven, this weekend I served it at The Endless Meal Supper Club as a dipping sauce for prawn spring rolls. I’m picturing it on sandwiches and on tacos and maybe on some grilled chicken or prawns. Use your imagination, this carrot ginger sauce is extremely versatile.
If you make Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- ½ lb carrots (3 medium), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water or oil (oil will give it better flavour, water will be lower fat)
- Place carrots in a food processor (I used a Magic Bullet) and pulse until mostly smooth. Add all remaining ingredients except for water or oil and pulse again a few times. Add about half the water or oil and run the food processor again. Slowly add the remaining water or oil until you the dressing becomes smooth and sauce like. Add more water or oil if you want to change the consistency.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- 15 Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes for Back to School Season - August 28, 2016
- Banh Mi Noodle Bowls - August 21, 2016
- Balsamic Fig Chicken Marsala - August 19, 2016