Sweet, smoky and slightly spicy Cajun Sweet Potato Fries make a super delicious and healthy side. The easy to make blue cheese yogurt calms down the spice and makes the fries extra tasty.
Warning: you are about to fall in love with these cajun sweet potato fries you see here. Trust me, it's hard not to. They're covered in tasty cajun spices that are smoky and a little spicy then baked to perfection. Then, as if they're not good enough already, they're served with an easy to make blue cheese dip. *Heaven*
The thing I love about baked sweet potato fries is that they taste like they should be bad for you, but they're totally not. They're loaded with good for you vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber and plenty more to make your body happy. They're nutritional powerhouses disguised as french fries.
Then there's the blue cheese dip. Normally blue cheese dressings are loaded with mayo and about a bazillion calories per serving. I wanted to lighten things up a bit, but keep the rich creaminess that we all love, so I swapped out the oil heavy mayo for some healthy Greek yogurt. I honestly don't know why we don't do this all the time. The end result tastes the same and it's so much better for our bods.
Let's make a pact to make blue cheese dressing this way from now on, k.
So tell me … what did you do for Super Bowl? Did you have a big party and drinks lots of beer and eat lots of nachos? If you did you're WAY cooler than I am.
Want to know what I did?
I forgot all about it. Seriously. I even posted a pic of some pink, heart-shaped cupcakes on Instagram that are super cute but no one liked. You know, 'cause everyone except for me was watching the game and not checking Instagram for Valentine's desserts. Oh man, it's a little embarrassing.
If I wasn't so oblivious to what's going on around me I would have shared these cajun sweet potato fries with you a few weeks ago so you could have made them for your party. They would have been perfect. Next year let's both make them, with extra blue cheese dip. ‘Cause you know, there's no such thing as too much dip. 🙂
If you make these Spicy Cajun Sweet Potato Fries make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 teaspoon each: smoked paprika, chili powder, oregano and garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder (less if you're really sensitive to heat)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- A pinch of sea salt and a few cranks of pepper
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the smoked paprika, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt and cayenne powder.
- Place the sweet potato strips in a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and mix well. Sprinkle the spice mix over the sweet potatoes and mix them together so that each fry is well coated in spices.
- Divide the fries between the two baking sheets, making sure none of the fries are touching. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins, turning halfway. They are ready when they start to brown.
- While the fries are in the oven, make the blue cheese yogurt. In a small bowl mix together all the blue cheese yogurt ingredients and set aside.
- Serve the fries with a little chopped parsley on top and the blue cheese yogurt on the side.
Want more sweet potato recipes? Check these out:
Skinny Sweet Potato Harissa Fries
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
Sweet Potato Noodles with Sriracha Cilantro Cashew ‘Cream' Sauce
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls - February 21, 2017
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce - February 17, 2017
- Drunken Red Wine Spaghetti with Spicy Chorizo and Black Kale - February 14, 2017