I love easy make-ahead desserts. Put the desserts in cute little mason jars and I go a bit giddy. Just look how cute they are!
I’m a little new to this whole panna cotta thing. Seriously, I only tried it about a month ago for the first time. And after many frustrating hours spent trying to fix a a batch from a recipe that did not work at all (grrr!), I swore I’d never make it again. But I’m a little stubborn sometimes.
a little a bunch help from Faith Durand and her article about Why Panna Cotta Is the Perfect Dessert, I was able to get an idea about what the proper milk/gelatine ratio is for panna cotta.
I’ve made this recipe now a few times and can guarantee you it works great and tastes delicious. It is soft and creamy and a tiny bit tangy from the buttermilk. It can be made up to three days in advance so it is the perfect make ahead dessert for a dinner party. I always serve it in little 125ml mason jars rather than unfolding them. I just think they look better that way
If you make Buttermilk Panna Cotta Recipe make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 1¼ cups of buttermilk
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons of gelatine
- 1½ cups of whipping cream
- Pour the buttermilk into a small sauce pan and sprinkle the gelatine over top. Let sit for 2 minutes, or until the gelatine grains start to swell or "bloom."
- Stir in the sugar and heat gently over low heat until the sugar and gelatine have completely dissolved. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream and whipping cream. Place in fridge for 30 minutes, or until cool to the touch.
- Once cool, whisk the panna cotta once more and then pour into little mason jars, cups or whatever cute little jars you plan on serving it in.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie - February 8, 2016
- January Food Blog Income Report - February 7, 2016
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate and Cinnamon Hearts - February 4, 2016