You might have noticed that I have a bit of a thing for bacon. There were those sweet bacon-y treats like the bacon, bourbon and peanut butter cookies and the bacon caramel popcorn. And then there was bacon in sandwiches and soups and deviled eggs. Oh and remember that last post about beer ice cream? Ya, that
might have been was made with a bacon maple ale.
I think I might have a bit of a bacon problem.
The idea for these easy finger foods originally came from Faith Durand's post Bacon Pops! on The Kitchn. I have made some adjustments to how they are prepared since I found the pops didn't hold together in the original recipe. The idea, however, is brilliant. 🙂
If you make these Bacon and Goat Cheese Pops make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (not whipped!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 20 baked apple chips (you will need to use 2 apples)
- Pat each piece of cooked bacon with paper towel to remove any grease. Finely chop the bacon and place in a small bowl. Add the thyme, parsley and fresh cracked pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the goat cheese, cream cheese and honey. Using a fork or wooden spoon mix until well combined.
- Roll goat cheese mixture into thumb sized balls. Roll each of these balls in the bacon mixture. Set aside on a baking sheet. Store balls, covered with a piece of saran wrap, in your fridge until ready to serve.
- Place 1 goat cheese ball on top of each baked apple chip. Insert a lollipop stick into the top of each goat cheese ball.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Tangy Sesame Lemon Chicken - March 30, 2017
- Curried Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Coconut Sweet Potato Topping - March 28, 2017
- The 15 Best Whole30 Easter Recipes - March 26, 2017